Kantar also ranked U.S. mobile carriers by market share. No big surprises here. Verizon (VZ) showed a nice gain, year-over-year, from 34.5% at the beginning of 2012 to 36.3% this year. AT&T (T) grew slightly from 26.0% to 26.3%. Sprint/Nextel (S) is now in third place with 13.1% of the current market up from 11.7%.
The big loser among carriers was T-Mobile (TMUS). Market share dropped from 14.8% in 2012 to 11.3% in the last quarter. Their numbers should improve with the recent addition of the iPhone 5 as well as their attractive, new pricing plans.
Both AT&T and Verizon actually saw drops in iPhone sales compared to 2012. Android phones saw an good increase at AT&T while Windows Phones made huge gains at Verizon.
--Written by Gary Krakow in New York.>To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV