NEW YORK, June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Lexington Realty Trust (NYSE:LXP) ("Lexington"), a real estate investment trust (REIT) focused on single-tenant real estate investments, today announced that it intends to offer, subject to market and other conditions, $250 million of aggregate principal amount of senior unsecured notes due 2023 (the "Notes") in a private offering that is exempt from the registration requirements of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended (the "Securities Act"). The interest rate and other terms of the Notes will be determined by negotiations between Lexington and the initial purchasers of the Notes.
Lexington intends to use approximately $235 million of the net proceeds from the offering of the Notes to repay amounts outstanding under its unsecured revolving credit facility and the remainder for general corporate purposes, including, without limitation, unspecified acquisitions.
The Notes will be offered only to qualified institutional buyers pursuant to Rule 144A under the Securities Act and to non-U.S. persons in offshore transactions outside the United States pursuant to Regulation S under the Securities Act. The Notes and related guarantees to be offered have not been registered under the Securities Act or the securities laws of any other place and, unless so registered, may not be offered or sold in the United States absent registration or an applicable exemption from the registration requirements of the Securities Act and applicable state securities laws.This announcement shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the Notes nor shall there be any sale of the Notes in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. This notice is being issued pursuant to Rule 135c of the Securities Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV