DUBLIN, Ohio, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accurate and efficient sharing of patient data across multiple and disparate information systems is at the heart of improving care. Data automation improves efficiency and accuracy, frees up labor capacity and above all, enhances patient safety. Nuclear medicine departments like Catholic Medical Center in New Hampshire are also leveraging data automation to improve patient outcomes.
- Fully integrate nuclear medicine department management with the ordering and receipt of radiopharmaceutical prescription orders;
- Reduce by 50% the amount of time it takes to prepare for patient procedures each morning;
- Save 1.5 hours of staff time each day by automating and maintaining patient scheduling;
- Make it easier and less time consuming to maintain compliance with state, federal and accrediting agency requirements;
- Virtually eliminate data entry errors – saving time while improving safety and order accuracy.
Connecting Care: How data automation improves nuclear medicine management at Catholic Medical Center: http://bit.ly/17nqSQFAbout Cardinal HealthHeadquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a $108 billion healthcare services company that improves the cost-effectiveness of health care. As the business behind health care, Cardinal Health helps pharmacies, hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers and physician offices focus on patient care while reducing costs, enhancing efficiency and improving quality. Cardinal Health is an essential link in the health care supply chain, providing pharmaceuticals and medical products to more than 60,000 locations each day. The company is also a leading manufacturer of medical and surgical products, including gloves, surgical apparel and fluid management products. In addition, the company supports the growing diagnostic industry by supplying medical products to clinical laboratories and operating the nation's largest network of radiopharmacies that dispense products to aid in the early diagnosis and treatment of disease. Ranked #20 on the Fortune 500, Cardinal Health employs more than 30,000 people worldwide. More information about the company may be found at cardinalhealth.com and @CardinalHealth on Twitter. SOURCE Cardinal Health