SAN MATEO, Calif., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- NetSuite Inc. (NYSE: N), the industry's leading provider of cloud-based financials / ERP software suites, today announced NetSuite Order Management for Demandware, a core and flexible solution to help retailers that are using the Demandware Commerce platform as a front-end system to meet growing customer demand for a unified, omnichannel commerce experience that can only be found in NetSuite Order Management. For information about NetSuite Order Management, please visit www.netsuite.com/ordermanagementfordemandware.
NetSuite Order Management for Demandware delivers a comprehensive, cloud-based solution that is architecturally aligned with the Demandware Commerce platform. Previously, Demandware clients had to choose between on-premise solutions that were difficult to integrate and maintain, and lower-end providers that lack such functionality as multi-location warehouse management, hindering Demandware clients' business growth both domestically and globally. NetSuite Order Management delivers superior functionality including:
- The industry's leading cloud order management platform, supporting multi-national, multi-tax, multi-site, multi-currency and multi-language environments.
- A common order management system that supports true omnichannel commerce across multiple channels such as online, point-of-sale (POS), and call center.
- A complete cloud ERP suite to enable the back-end business processes – inventory management, demand planning, purchasing management, and financials – required for efficient and frictionless omnichannel commerce.
- A complete order management system offering an omnichannel solution that ties a Demandware website to in-store POS capabilities to provide shoppers with a unified buying experience and merchants with a single system to manage all their sales channels.
- Next-generation functionality to support omnichannel businesses, such as buy online-pick up in store, ship to store based on customer's location, and ship from store, helping businesses save on shipping time and costs while fully capitalizing on available inventory.
- A part of NetSuite SuiteCommerce, a complete end-to-end cloud solution for omnichannel commerce, NetSuite Order Management for Demandware allows commerce sites driven by legacy Demandware front-end technology to access the benefits of the industry's leading multichannel commerce system with minimal changes to their Demandware-built websites.
Hanover Direct, founded in 1911 and based in Weehawken, N.J., is among the many multichannel retailers taking advantage of both NetSuite Order Management and Demandware to achieve greater speed, efficiency and accuracy in order processing, while eliminating the manual work required with multiple siloed solutions. Before implementing NetSuite OneWorld, Hanover Direct used multiple, disparate systems to manage business operations - Infor M3 (Lawson M3) for financials, a 20-year-old legacy mainframe ERP system, to handle processes including inventory, order management and customer service; and a home-grown CRM/SFA legacy solution (called MACS). By rolling many of its operations onto the single, integrated NetSuite platform, Hanover Direct is minimizing what was a hairball of dozens of point-to-point integrations that were difficult and costly to maintain, slowed business processes and could not support business transparency. The multichannel retailer, with four brands offering a range of bedding, home fashions, apparel and more, has transformed its business since going live on a large-scale NetSuite OneWorld deployment. NetSuite provides a single system of record to support Hanover Direct's order and inventory management, financials / ERP, call center operations, procurement, manufacturing and expense reporting. The system is tightly integrated with the company's Demandware-built Ecommerce storefronts.
"NetSuite Order Management and our Demandware-powered Ecommerce storefront give us the real-time order management capabilities we need to deliver the omnichannel commerce experiences our customers demand," said Jeffrey Rosenholtz, CIO at Hanover Direct.With NetSuite Order Management, Demandware clients gain the flexibility to accelerate customer receipt of goods, improving customer satisfaction while reducing labor-intensive manual processes. For instance, the NetSuite solution gives merchants the control and visibility they need to fulfill orders from a nearby retail store, rather than a distant warehouse, reducing delivery times while saving on shipping expenses and intelligently balancing inventory. NetSuite Order Management also facilitates fast and efficient in-store pickup, aligning with the omnichannel ideal of order anywhere, receive anywhere and return anywhere. As both B2C and B2B customers grow more discriminating, greater flexibility and efficiency in order processing and fulfillment can significantly increase commerce success and improve customer satisfaction.