SEATTLE, June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ANADIGICS, Inc. (Nasdaq:ANAD), a world leader in radio frequency (RF) solutions, today introduced a new style of RF power amplifier (PA) optimized to power 3G and 4G small-cell base stations. Paired with digital or RF predistortion systems, these highly integrated designs create easy-to-use solutions that deliver very high efficiencies with the stringent linearity required for WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE networks. ANADIGICS' new PAs demonstrate compelling performance in compact surface mount modules that incorporate circuit components normally required separately.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=19103
The first ANADIGICS product that demonstrates this new power amplifier approach is the ASC7517. Operating in the 2100 MHz to 2170 MHz frequency band, the ACS7517 delivers 1.4 W of power using only a 2.85 V and 5 V supply, while operating with a power efficiency of 28%. Used in a predistortion system, the PA supports the stringent adjacent channel level rejection (ACLR) requirements of WCDMA, HSPA, and LTE systems without compromising efficiency. This multistage PA also provides 42 dB of RF gain, thereby eliminating the need for driver amplifiers.The ACS7517 uses a Doherty architecture, but does not require negative voltage supplies, separate control voltage for the integrated peaking amplifier, or critical supply sequencing. In addition, the PA does not require voltage adjustments to perform optimally over a wide -40 to +85 degrees Celsius operating temperature range. The ASC7517 is offered in a compact 8 mm by 14 mm by 1.3 mm surface-mount package that integrates both the RF matching and power combining circuit elements to save valuable PCB space and provide a cost-effective solution that is significantly less complex than a traditional Doherty solution.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV