WALLA WALLA, Wash., June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Banner Corporation (Nasdaq:BANR), the parent company of Banner Bank and Islanders Bank, today announced the signing of an agreement for the acquisition of the Liberty Lake, Washington Branch of AmericanWest Bank. Banner Bank is committed to serving the Liberty Lake area in particular, and the greater Spokane region in general, with 15 branch locations currently serving the area. With a population in excess of 475,000, Spokane County is the metropolitan center of the Inland Northwest. Serving Pacific Northwest communities in Washington, Oregon and Idaho, Banner's Washington State roots date back to 1890.
"We look forward to welcoming these new clients and employees to the Banner Bank family. At Banner, we strive to provide great financial services to our clients and believe our new colleagues and clients will soon come to realize that Banner is a special place to work and bank," said Mark Grescovich, Banner Bank President and Chief Executive Officer. An independent global research firm recently recognized Banner for the second consecutive year with the highest ranking in retail banking customer satisfaction in the Northwest Region. The purchase of the Branch is expected to be completed by the 3 rd quarter of 2013.
About the CompanyBanner Corporation, the parent company of Banner Bank and Islanders Bank, is a $4.3 billion bank holding company operating two commercial banks in Washington, Oregon and Idaho. Banner serves the Pacific Northwest region with a full range of consumer and business deposit services, commercial real estate, construction, residential, agricultural and consumer loans.
CONTACT: Dianne Larsen Sr. Vice President, Director of Marketing DLarsen@bannerbank.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV