MORRIS PLAINS, N.J., June 3, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Immunomedics, Inc. (Nasdaq:IMMU), a biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases, today announced that 6 presentations, of which 3 are oral presentations, will be given at the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) 2013 Annual Meeting, scheduled for June 8 - 12, 2013, in Vancouver, BC, Canada.
The schedule and meeting places for the oral presentations and the scientific poster session, together with the publication numbers are listed below:
- " 18F labeling of peptides with a fluoride-aluminum-chelate complex: Optimization of labeling and QC procedures for multi-dose formulation for commercial distribution" [Publication No. 167, Scientific Paper Session (Oral), Session Title: Radiopharmacy, Monday, June 10, 1:42 p.m. – 1:54 p.m., West Building – 220]
- "Consolidation anti-CD22 fractionated radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with 90Y-epratuzumab tetraxetan following R-CHOP in elderly diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) patients" [Publication No. 179, Scientific Paper Session (Oral), Session Title: INTEGRATED Session: Lymphoma, Monday, June 10, 1:18 p.m. – 1:30 p.m., West Building – 221-222]
- "New approaches for direct labeling of temperature-sensitive molecules with [ 18F]AlF" [Publication No. 616, Scientific Paper Session (Oral), Session Title: Advances in Carbon-11 and Fluprine-18 Radiochemistry, Wednesday, June 12, 10:09 a.m. – 10:21 a.m., West Building – 220]
- "Pretargeted dual-modality (SPECT/fluorescence) imaging in a carcinoembryonic antigen-expressing tumor model" [Publication No. 1154, Scientific Poster Session, Session Title: Special MTA: Probes for Oncology Posters, Sunday, June 9, 6:30 p.m. – 8:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall A]
- "Anti-CD22 radioimmunotherapy (RIT) combined with anti-CD20 immunotherapy in aggressive non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL): Phase I results" [Publication No. 1368, Scientific Poster Session, Session Title: MTA I: Radiopharmaceutical Therapy Posters, Monday, June 10, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall A]
- "Consolidation anti-CD22 fractionated radioimmunotherapy (RIT) with 90Y-epratuzumab tetraxetan following R-CHOP in front-line therapy of elderly, disseminated, diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (DLBCL) patients: Predictive value of FDG PET" [Publication No. 1567, Scientific Poster Session, Session Title: MTA I: Leukemia/Lymphoma/Myeloma Posters, Monday, June 10, 2:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m., Exhibit Hall A]
About ImmunomedicsImmunomedics is a New Jersey-based biopharmaceutical company primarily focused on the development of monoclonal antibody-based products for the targeted treatment of cancer, autoimmune and other serious diseases. We have developed a number of advanced proprietary technologies that allow us to create humanized antibodies that can be used either alone in unlabeled or "naked" form, or conjugated with radioactive isotopes, chemotherapeutics, cytokines or toxins, in each case to create highly targeted agents. Using these technologies, we have built a pipeline of therapeutic product candidates that utilize several different mechanisms of action. We also have a majority ownership in IBC Pharmaceuticals, Inc., which is developing a novel DOCK-AND-LOCK™ (DNL™) method with us for making fusion proteins and multifunctional antibodies, and a new method of delivering imaging and therapeutic agents selectively to disease, especially different solid cancers (colorectal, lung, pancreas, etc.), by proprietary, antibody-based, pretargeting methods. We believe that our portfolio of intellectual property, which includes approximately 223 active patents in the United States and more than 400 foreign patents, protects our product candidates and technologies. Our strength in intellectual property has resulted in the top-10 ranking in the 2012 IEEE Spectrum Patent Power Scorecards in the Biotechnology and Pharmaceuticals category. For additional information on us, please visit our website at www.immunomedics.com . The information on our website does not, however, form a part of this press release. This release, in addition to historical information, may contain forward-looking statements made pursuant to the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements, including statements regarding clinical trials, out-licensing arrangements (including the timing and amount of contingent payments), forecasts of future operating results, potential collaborations, and capital raising activities, involve significant risks and uncertainties and actual results could differ materially from those expressed or implied herein. Factors that could cause such differences include, but are not limited to, risks associated with any cash payment that the Company might receive in connection with a sublicense involving a third party and UCB, which is not within the Company's control, new product development (including clinical trials outcome and regulatory requirements/actions), our dependence on our licensing partners for the further development of epratuzumab and veltuzumab for non-cancer indications, competitive risks to marketed products and availability of required financing and other sources of funds on acceptable terms, if at all, as well as the risks discussed in the Company's filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company is not under any obligation, and the Company expressly disclaims any obligation, to update or alter any forward-looking statements, whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
CONTACT: For More Information: Dr. Chau Cheng Senior Director, Investor Relations & Grant Management (973) 605-8200, extension 123 firstname.lastname@example.org