, Calif. and
June 3, 2013
/PRNewswire/ -- Cavium, Inc. (NASDAQ: CAVM), a leading provider of highly integrated semiconductor products that enable intelligent processing for networking, communications and the digital home, today introduced TurboSTOR™, a complete production-ready software solution optimized for Network Attached Storage designs running on OCTEON
processors. TurboSTOR powered systems can provide exceptional data transfer performance, fully encrypted drives and support a wide range of client operating systems. Both Digital Living Network Alliance® (DLNA) and Apple iTunes Media Streaming are supported for home applications. TurboSTOR will be demonstrated live by Cavium in their suite at the Grand Hyatt Hotel during the Computex trade show in
– 8, 2013. To schedule an appointment during the Computex conference, contact
"TurboSTOR is a complete NAS software solution that is already in volume deployment on Cavium processors." said
, Director, Cavium Solutions and Services. "Companies wanting to extend both NAS performance and functionality can customize TurboSTOR and bring new solutions to market quickly on our latest range of OCTEON processors. TurboSTOR is the newest addition to Cavium's Software Solutions portfolio and will help accelerate time to market for our customers."
- Supports a range of systems from Home to Small/Medium Business storage solution to Enterprise class systems
- Enterprise class hardware encryption technology for data protection and retrieval
- Enterprise class event monitoring system, Allowing control and feedback mechanism local or remote monitoring
- Provides optimum uptime and data integrity
- Integrated high functionality GUI, easily customized to OEM/ODM requirements
- Supports hot-swappable hard drives configurable as RAID 0,1,5,10 or JBOD
- Broad Client OS support including Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Linux, and Apple MacOS X
- Optimized for Cavium OCTEON II & OCTEON III processors
Cavium offers a wide range of engineering services to assist customers with their projects and speed their time to market. Cavium's Architecture Plus service is designed to help customers integrate TurboSTOR or other Cavium Software into their designs. Our Development Plus service provides additional development services to supplement the customers software engineering team to help execute on a particular architectural design.