The families incorporate a whole range of sophisticated power management techniques including Power Optimizer™ to reduce active power and support for Hibernate, Standby and Idle modes of operations that help slash overall power consumption.
"Our new low power family of CN70XX/71XX OCTEON III processors are ideally suited to drive a whole range of control and data plane processing applications" said Steve Klinger, Senior Director, Infrastructure Products Group, Cavium, Inc. "These new products set a new bar for performance per watt & performance per dollar."
Cavium provides a comprehensive carrier grade SDK which includes development tools, optimized libraries and application software. Cavium has a broad range PACE ecosystem software, hardware and ODM partners including: 6Wind, Apogee, Bitdefender, Broadweb, D2 Tech, ENEA, Entropic, Embedded Planet, Kaspersky, MontaVista, NetStar, Procera, QosMos, Sensory Networks, Silicon Labs, TeamF1, Telus, Wind River and more.
OCTEON III CN70XX and CN71XX Family Highlights:
- Unprecedented Compute Performance in 28nm Process
- Up to 6.4 GHz – 4 cores at up to 1.6GHz
- Capable of running 3 x 3, dual band 802.11ac & 802.11n at full line rate even while supporting >32 streams/clients and campus security
- Powerful Hardware Acceleration & Wide Range of IO
- Integrated Hardware Virtualization
- Market-Leading Hardware Deep Packet Inspection with up to 5 Gbps Protocol/Application detection
- Advanced Hardware Cryptography – RSA, SSL, IPSec, SHA-3, ZUCC
- SATA 3.0, USB 3.0, 1GbE/10GbE, DDR3/4 and three PCIe controllers
- Ultra Low Power SKUs enabling sub-3W operation
- Low Cost Plastic LBGA package
- Rich Software Suite
- Comprehensive SDK3 with Linux 3.x kernel and Simple Exec available
- Full Carrier Grade MontaVista CGE7 SDK available
- Enterprise class Linux Networking off-load modules for fast path
- Complete TurboDPI solution for Deep Packet Inspection
- Complete TurboSTOR solution for NAS appliances
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts