SANTA CLARA, Calif., June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Palo Alto Networks® (NYSE: PANW), the network security company™, today announced availability of the Palo Alto Networks WF-500 appliance, the first platform designed to deliver a private cloud solution for timely and thorough detection, analysis and prevention of advanced persistent threats (APTs).
Designed to meet the needs of customers with restrictions that preclude them from accessing a public cloud option, the Palo Alto Networks WF-500 appliance delivers the comprehensive sandbox detection and analysis capabilities of the Palo Alto Networks public cloud based WildFire subscription offering on a customer-owned platform. When deployed with an inline Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall, the WF-500 also offers full prevention capabilities.
Only Palo Alto Networks offers this kind of "closed loop" prevention solution that includes private or public cloud deployment options, thorough detection and analysis of all network traffic, and the ability to automatically block malware and APTs with the Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewall.QUOTES
- Securosis Analyst and President Mike Rothman commented on the benefits of a private cloud approach in a recent blog (" Network-based Malware Detection 2.0: Scaling NBMD"): "These malware-analysis private clouds provide a central analysis device and interact with enforcement points throughout the network. This provides the leverage of not having to deploy NBMD devices at all ingress points, as well as facilitating internal sharing of intelligence."
- "Quickly identifying and eliminating previously unknown threats across all applications is key to protecting an organization from today's advanced threats; only Palo Alto Networks offers its customers a public or private cloud deployment choice and the closed loop capabilities to most efficiently and effectively stop APTs," said Lee Klarich, senior vice president of product management, Palo Alto Networks.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV