SHANGHAI, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Semiconductor Manufacturing International Corporation ("SMIC"; NYSE: SMI; SEHK: 981), mainland China's largest and most advanced semiconductor foundry, today announced that it entered into the Joint Venture Agreement with SMIC Beijing, BIDIMC and ZDG in relation to the establishment of the Joint Venture Company (subject to the approval of the relevant PRC authorities).
Following its establishment and depending on the environment in which the Joint Venture Company operates and market conditions, the Joint Venture Company is expected to establish and build up significant manufacturing capacity with a focus on 45-nanometer and finer technologies and aims to reach a manufacturing capacity of 35,000 wafers per month. The total investment is estimated to be US$3.59 billion. US$1.2 billion of the total investment will be contributed by the parties in the form of registered capital, and the remaining amount is intended to be funded through the Joint Venture Company's internal cash flow, shareholders' further contribution to share capital, shareholders' loan and/or bank loans.
SMIC and SMIC Beijing shall contribute 55% of the registered capital in an aggregate amount of US$660 million, ZDG and BIDIMC shall contribute 45% of the registered capital in an aggregate amount of US$540 million. The registered capital shall be made by the parties within two years from the establishment of the Joint Venture Company.
Funding to the Joint Venture Company in the form of shareholders' further contribution to share capital or shareholders' loan, if any, will be contributed as to 55% by SMIC and SMIC Beijing, and as to 45% by ZDG and BIDIMC. In addition, the Joint Venture Company and the parties involved may seek debt financing on terms beneficial to the Joint Venture Company.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV