COLOGNE, Germany, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANGA COM 2013 – German video service provider, ROPA Television, has selected the ST-6000 Series video transcoder from ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS). ROPA selected the ST-6000 to deliver multichannel content to its customers while boosting bandwidth and reducing operational costs through high-channel density and transcoding efficiency.
The ST-6000 Series became part of the ARRIS portfolio through the company's acquisition of Motorola Home. ARRIS combines world-class solutions for the entire video delivery chain by integrating innovative technologies across the cloud, network and home.
The ST-6000 enables video service providers like ROPA to offer a broader range of high-quality video services to support evolving customer needs and headend requirements. The transcoder achieves this through video delivery in three, six or even 12 channel configurations.
Compared to single-channel transcoding solutions, the ST-6000 offers several key benefits:
- Bandwidth savings (in 3, 6, or 12 channel configurations)
- 80 percent reduction in power consumption
- 90 percent savings in overall space requirements (1RU)
- Video thumbnail generation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV