COLOGNE, Germany, June 3, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- ANGA COM 2013 -- Poland's second-largest cable service provider*, Vectra, has chosen the HMC3021 hybrid HD set-top from ARRIS Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: ARRS) to accelerate its shift to IP.
The move will allow Vectra to transition its analogue subscribers to digital, seamlessly—paving the way for the multiscreen experiences and IP-based services that its consumers crave.
Vectra will deploy the HMC3021 set-tops in customers' homes by summer 2013. With an impending analogue switch-off in Poland, this cost-effective cable 'zapper' set-top represents a timely solution for service providers, like Vectra, looking to deliver new services without increasing operational expenses.
Tomasz Zuranksi, CEO, Vectra said: "We're seeing unprecedented interest high-quality HD and IP-based services in Poland. Video on Demand (VOD), in particular, is something our subscribers demand. Our investment in ARRIS' hybrid set-top allows us to deliver these services today, while preparing for an all-IP future."Features and Benefits of ARRIS HMC3021 Hybrid Set-Top Box The HMC3021 is a next-generation set-top that has been designed to deliver HD content to basic subscribers. The low-cost set-top converts a service provider's digital signal within the home so that subscribers can view HD content, like VOD, without the need for a more expensive, traditional set-top box. This facilitates the migration of subscribers to IP-based services with little interruption or outward investment on the part of the service provider. "With the analogue switch over in Poland coming later this year, many Polish service providers are looking for the most flexible and cost-effective way to manage this transition," said Steve McCaffery, ARRIS Vice President and General Manager EMEA. "The HMC3021 is the answer—giving service providers, like Vectra, the confidence that today's investment will scale to tomorrow's digital services." Key features: The ARRIS HMC3021 supports a wide range of video rates and decodes standard MPEG-2, H.264 and MPEG-4 transport streams including most audio/video formats. Additionally, it is designed to support different Conditional Access Systems (CAS). The set-top features include a standard SmartCard interface, flexible memory footprint, optional two-way Ethernet RJ-45 for interactive applications, and a 750 MHz processor.
- 750MHz, 1125 DMIPS CPU
- Digital video (64QAM/128QAM/256QAM)
- ITU-T J83 Annexes A/B/C compliant
- Single 54MHz to 1GHz digital video tuner
- 128Mb Flash memory
- 256Mb DDR3
- Accelerated 2-D graphics
- HDMI video output up to 1920 x 1080p
- HDCP digital copy protection
- Low power standby mode
- Multiple Condition Access System (CAS) support.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV