EVERETT, Wash., May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Boeing (NYSE: BA) and China Southern Airlines today celebrated the delivery of the carrier's first 787 Dreamliner. China Southern is the first Chinese airline to take delivery of the game-changing airplane.
"Today's 787 delivery represents a significant new milestone in the strengthening partnership between Boeing and China," said Ray Conner, president and CEO of Boeing Commercial Airplanes. "We thank the Chinese government agencies, China Southern and all our Chinese customers, and suppliers for their support and contributions to the success of the Dreamliner program."
This delivery is the first of 10 Dreamliners for China Southern. China Southern will first operate the 787 on domestic flights before introducing the Dreamliner on its long-haul international passenger service. China Southern is the tenth customer worldwide to take delivery of the 787 Dreamliner.
The 787 Dreamliner is an all-new airplane featuring a host of technologies that provide exceptional value to airlines and unparalleled levels of comfort to passengers. It is the first mid-size airplane capable of flying long-range routes, enabling airlines to open new, non-stop routes preferred by the traveling public.Exclusive Boeing suppliers Chengfei, Hafei and Shenfei play important roles in the 787 program, manufacturing the 787 rudder, wing-to-body fairing, and vertical fin leading edge. Chinese partners also play increasing roles in supplying components to other current Boeing commercial airplane models including the 737, 747, 767 and 777. Today, more than 7,000 Boeing airplanes fly around the world with major parts and assemblies from China. Contact: Wang YukuiBoeing China Communications+86 10 5925 5588+86 1360 131 7722 (mobile) email@example.com SOURCE Boeing
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV