ST. LOUIS, May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Centene Corporation (NYSE: CNC) announced today that its Kentucky subsidiary, Kentucky Spirit Health Plan (Kentucky Spirit), has received a summary judgment ruling from the Franklin County Circuit Court in Kentucky. The Court ruled that Kentucky Spirit does not have the contractual right to terminate its Medicaid managed care contract with the Commonwealth of Kentucky before the end of the initial term. Kentucky Spirit is analyzing the ruling and evaluating its legal alternatives.
During this process, Kentucky Spirit remains focused on providing our members with access to quality healthcare and minimizing any disruption of services.
About Centene Corporation Centene Corporation, a Fortune 500 company, is a leading multi-line healthcare enterprise that provides programs and related services to the rising number of under-insured and uninsured individuals. Many receive benefits provided under Medicaid, including the State Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), as well as Aged, Blind or Disabled (ABD), Foster Care and Long-term Care (LTC), in addition to other state-sponsored/hybrid programs, and Medicare (Special Needs Plans). The Company operates local health plans and offers a range of health insurance solutions. It also contracts with other healthcare and commercial organizations to provide specialty services including behavioral health, care management software, correctional systems healthcare, life and health management, managed vision, pharmacy benefits management and telehealth services.
SOURCE Centene Corporation
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV