At the time I didn't know one of the two companies, Krispy Kreme (KKD), would skyrocket in the two days following the article's publication. All I knew is the company would report earnings last Thursday and that I had done a good deal of research about it.
Now I'm sharing some research I and some of my colleagues have done on another company, one of the leading providers of mining equipment for the extraction of coal, copper, iron ore, oil sands and other minerals in the world.
The company is focused on technologies that it claims will "revolutionize mining." The site goes on to explain, "Our business is focused solely on serving surface and underground mining operations with superior equipment and direct service that achieves the lowest cost per unit of production over the life cycle." JOY's scope is global, with facilities and service centers that span six continents and more than 20 countries. Yet, its focus remains local. Above ground and below, it proclaims a determination "... to create a more seamless experience that raises the bar for the entire industry." If you examine JOY's fiscal 2013 second-quarter earnings results you'll likely notice how determined the company is to live up to its mission in the face of some challenging worldwide obstacles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV