Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our modelLiberty Media Corporation (LMCA) pushed the Media industry higher today making it today's featured media winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.0%. By the end of trading, Liberty Media Corporation rose $15.03 (13.7%) to $124.86 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,139,365 shares of Liberty Media Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 449,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $123.55-$125.79 after having opened the day at $124.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $109.83. Other companies within the Media industry that increased today were: Liberty Media Corporation (LMCAD), up 13.7%, Tiger Media (IDI), up 5.7%, Promotora de Informaciones SA/FI (PRIS), up 5.6% and Net Servicos De Comunicacao (NETC), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Liberty Media Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our media section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.
Latest Headlines about LMCA
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV