This week, a new shoe rumor has the Twitter waters for #Yeezus churning like a shark frenzy:
From a pure marketing perspective, it just doesn't get any better -- so incredibly well played.With coupons for the shoes inside the wrapper of a random number of chocolate bars -- I mean, CDs - people are going to be buying CDs by the dozen. Considering the resale potential of these limited-edition shoes, with CDs at $12 a shot, you could buy 100 and still do very well on your investment. While he pockets something from the retail price, I think it's safe to assume West doesn't usually make any money on the resale. So we have to conclude:
It's a good marketing gimmick.
He's aware that some of his more entrepreneurial fans can make money.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV