SAN FRANCISCO, May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- CBS Corporation (NYSE: CBS.A and CBS) today announced it has wholly acquired TV Guide Digital, which includes the popular TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile properties. Under the terms of the deal, CBS Corporation acquired the remaining 50 percent stake in TV Guide Digital shares from Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF). CBS and Lionsgate's 50/50 partnership for the highly distributed TVGN cable network, announced on March 26, will continue.
TVGuide.com and the TV Guide Mobile apps will become part of CBS Interactive's Technology, Games and Lifestyle group, which also operates TV.com, the web's largest social media TV site, as well as the industry-leading CNET, GameSpot, Last.fm, MetroLyrics, Metacritic and CHOW brands, among others. Together, TVGuide.com, TV Guide Mobile and TV.com will give fans the most-comprehensive information about the programming they love.
"TV Guide is one of the most-enduring and iconic brands in the world of television and video, and we're proud to welcome TV Guide Digital to the CBS Interactive family," said Jim Lanzone, President of CBS Interactive. "TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile have the biggest and most-engaged audiences in the valuable TV information category, making them a perfect fit for our portfolio of premium content brands."
TVGuide.com and TV Guide Mobile have grown considerably since the creation of TV Guide Digital in 2006:
- TVGuide.com now attracts more than 16.5 million monthly unique visitors, with six consecutive years of double-digit growth. 1
- TV Guide Mobile apps have been downloaded more than 9 million times 2 and attract more than 2.5 million average monthly visitors (up 100 percent 3 since September) who engage with the brand on average nearly 20 days a month 4 – significantly more than other leading entertainment brands.
- In addition, more than 50 percent of visitors to the site and nearly 60 percent of people who use the apps are under the age of 35.
- TV Guide Digital offers the industry's most-comprehensive television listings as well as innovative products like "Watchlist," a popular personalized entertainment discovery feature that helps fans find new shows.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV