Opexa Therapeutics (OPXA) is engaged in developing personalized cellular therapies with the potential to treat major illnesses, including multiple sclerosis. This stock is trading up 4.3% to $1.88 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.79-$1.91
52-Week Range: $1.07-$5.19
Three-Month Average Volume: 387,623
From a technical perspective, OPXA is trending higher here and just starting to take out its 50-day moving average at $1.86 with decent upside volume. This move is quickly pushing shares of OPXA within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit if OPXA manages to take out $1.92 to its 200-day at $2.05 and then once it clears more resistance at $2.25 with high volume. At last check, OPXA has hit an intraday high of $1.91 and volume is above 100,000 shares below its three-month average action of 387,623 shares.Traders should now look for long-biased trades in OPXA as long as it's trending above today's low of $1.79 and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that hits near or above 387,623 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then this stock will set up to re-test or possibly take out its next major overhead resistance levels at $2.82 to $3.25. Any high-volume move above $3.25 could then send this stock past $4. To see more stocks that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Madison, Wis.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV