Rob Kurz, CEO of APT, said, "This investment demonstrates our continued commitment to building and operating ships for the U.S. Jones Act trade. We are proud to bring new U.S.-built tonnage into the market at this exciting time, helping our country achieve its long-standing strategic objective of energy independence."
Sean Klimczak, Senior Managing Director of Blackstone, said, "This investment demonstrates our long-standing support of the U.S. maritime industry and our commitment to bolstering job creation in the U.S. We are pleased to partner again with NASSCO on this important newbuild program and to provide growth equity to APT to construct and bring these new, state-of-the-art vessels to market."
For more information on American Petroleum Tankers, please visit www.americanpetroleumtankers.com.SOURCE General Dynamics NASSCO
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV