CENTENNIAL, Colo., May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Cochlear Americas, the global leader in implantable hearing solutions, announced today that the US Food & Drug Administration (FDA) has approved a one-of-a-kind Aqua Accessory compatible with the Cochlear Nucleus 5 Sound Processor. The Aqua Accessory is a custom cover with a double zip lock seal designed to hold the processor and coil inside, and can be worn behind the ear in the normal position. It is designed to be used in any water based activities to a depth of four meters for up to one hour.
"The Aqua Accessory, combined with the Nucleus 5 Sound Processor, allows recipients to hear in every environment, including swimming in the pool, which we know is a high priority for many," said Chris Smith, President of Cochlear Americas. "We are pleased to be the first to introduce a behind-the-ear swimming option for cochlear implant users and look forward to seeing them relax and have fun in and out of the water."
The Aqua Accessory is a simple solution for protecting sophisticated cochlear implant technology from water damage. It is designed to provide more underwater options for people that currently use a Nucleus 5 Sound Processor, which already has the highest level of water resistance for an ear level device. Prior to the availability of the Aqua Accessory, people using the Nucleus 5 Sound Processor could be in and around water, but could not swim under water. However, now people have the ability to swim worry-free in chlorinated pools, partial salt water/chlorinated pools, saltwater, soapy and fresh water. With the new Aqua Accessory, an IP68 waterproof rating is achieved without the need to purchase an additional sound processor for swimming, and it is quick and easy to put on and take off during normal water activities.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV