1. As of noon trading, Directv ( DTV) is down $0.54 (-0.9%) to $62.56 on light volume Thus far, 1.4 million shares of Directv exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5.0 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $62.39-$63.18 after having opened the day at $62.73 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $63.10. DIRECTV provides digital television entertainment in the United States and Latin America. The company engages in acquiring, promoting, selling, and distributing digital entertainment programming primarily through satellite to residential and commercial subscribers. Directv has a market cap of $35.4 billion and is part of the media industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.5, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 26.4% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 13 analysts that rate Directv a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Directv as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, growth in earnings per share and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income. Get the full Directv Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the services sector could consider iShares Dow Jones US Cons Services ( IYC) while those bearish on the services sector could consider ProShares Ultra Short Consumer Sers ( SCC). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts