NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Gregg Greenberg met with Mark Spellman, portfolio manager for the Value Line Income & Growth Fund, to talk about where some potential value still exists in the market.
With a huge boost to the stock buyback program and the initiation of a dividend, EMC Corporation (EMC) is a stock Spellman likes. While the yield is only 1.6%, the share repurchase program increased to $6 billion from $1 billion.
Another name that seems to be attractive is Capital One Finance (COF) for its potential earnings power and the expectations of a large dividend increase.
Spellman added that he expects Capital One to earn about $7 in earnings next year and thinks the stock is "just getting started," with some of its recent acquisitions starting to contribute to the bottom line.Two other companies that have low valuations and large potential upside are Pfizer (PFE) and Intel (INTC). With Pfizer's restructuring, 3% yield and low valuation, it offers a low-risk entry point for many investors. By shedding some of its low-performing divisions and continually trying to create shareholder value, the pharmaceutical giant could have large potential upside. Intel will begin making a heavy push into mobile, especially after a recent study revealed that PC sales were down 15%. With new CEO Brian Krzanich's "all-in" approach to mobile and 4% dividend, Spellman believes this company could be largely undervalued. -- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. .
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV