CHARLOTTE, N.C., May 31, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Piedmont Natural Gas (NYSE: PNY) today announced the completion of its Sutton Pipeline Project, which will provide natural gas delivery service to a new combined cycle power generation facility near Wilmington, North Carolina. The pipeline project, first announced in April 2010, involved the construction of 120 miles of 20-inch natural gas transmission pipeline, 8 miles of 30-inch natural gas transmission pipeline, and approximately 25,000 HP of additional compression facilities on Piedmont's system.
Commenting on the project's completion, Piedmont Natural Gas Chairman, President, and CEO, Thomas E. Skains, said, "We are pleased to initiate our natural gas delivery service to the new gas-fired power generation facility as scheduled on June 1, 2013. This is a significant milestone for Piedmont in the successful execution of our strategic directives to expand our core natural gas business to serve customers and enhance shareholder value."
The new natural gas pipeline, in addition to serving the requirements of the new power generation facility, will also create cost effective expansion capacity that Piedmont will use to help serve the growing natural gas requirements of its other customers in the eastern part of North Carolina.
About Piedmont Natural GasPiedmont Natural Gas is an energy services company primarily engaged in the distribution of natural gas to more than one million residential, commercial, industrial and power generation utility customers in portions of North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Our subsidiaries are invested in joint venture, energy-related businesses, including unregulated retail natural gas marketing, and regulated interstate natural gas transportation and storage and intrastate natural gas transportation businesses. More information about Piedmont Natural Gas is available on the Internet at http://www.piedmontng.com/.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV