NEW YORK, May 31, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SGYP), a developer of new drugs to treat gastrointestinal diseases and disorders, today announced that its President and CEO, Gary S. Jacob, Ph.D., will present at the Jefferies Global Healthcare Conference which is being held at the Grand Hyatt in New York, NY on Jun 3-6, 2013. The presentation is scheduled for Thursday, June 6, 2013, at 3:30 p.m. (ET).
Live audio webcast of the presentation will be available under the investor relations section of Synergy's website at www.synergypharma.com . A replay of the presentation will also be available and archived on the site for 60 days.
About Synergy Pharmaceuticals, Inc.Synergy is a biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of new drugs to treat gastrointestinal (GI) diseases and disorders. Synergy's lead proprietary drug candidate, plecanatide, is a synthetic analog of the human GI hormone, uroguanylin, and functions by activating the guanylate cyclase C receptor on epithelial cells of the GI tract. Synergy completed a positive Phase I study of plecanatide in healthy volunteers, a positive Phase IIa and large multicenter clinical trial in patients with chronic idiopathic constipation. Synergy is also developing plecanatide for the treatment of irritable bowel syndrome with constipation (IBS-C), having initiated the first trial in IBS-C patients in late 2012. Synergy's second GC-C agonist, SP-333, is in clinical development to treat inflammatory bowel diseases, and has recently completed its first Phase I trial in healthy volunteers. More information is available at www.synergypharma.com
CONTACT: Media Contact: Janet Skidmore Office: 215-658-4915 Mobile: 215-429-2917 firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Danielle Spangler The Trout Group email@example.com (646) 378-2924
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV