REDWOOD CITY, Calif., May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- News Facts:
- Canon Australia, a world-leading imaging brand, is using a hybrid IT integration solution from Informatica for a comprehensive view of information around its business deals.
- Informatica Corporation (Nasdaq:INFA), the world's number one independent provider of data integration software, today announced that Canon Australia is using Informatica Cloud and Informatica PowerCenter as part of a hybrid IT solution to power a unified order management system, which has helped increase sales effectiveness and manage sales success with reduced resources.
- Canon was previously plagued by fragmented data and inefficient manual workarounds. The company now uses Informatica Cloud to bi-directionally integrate sales data across Salesforce CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite, automatically consolidating customer, pricing, product, order, stock and all other data associated with each business deal.
- Armed with timely, relevant and holistic data, Canon's sales, operations and finance teams can now:
- Efficiently manage sales deals and negotiations and track sales orders in Salesforce CRM.
- Respond more quickly and competitively to sales opportunities and customer needs.
- Leverage comprehensive and accurate reporting/analytics to drive sales performance and business planning.
- Ensure that no data that can help close a sale is lost or overlooked.
- Informatica has also reduced data-related costs at Canon by:
- Reducing back office resources and manual data loading between Salesforce CRM and Oracle E-Business Suite.
- Effecting rapid automatic data transformations that increase data quality and accuracy and reduce rework.
- Delivering pre-packaged native cloud integration between Salesforce CRM and Oracle, coupled with codeless development for faster time-to-value and time-to-change.
- Central to Canon's selection of Informatica over other cloud integration platforms was Informatica's ability to offer a unified cloud data management and hybrid IT solution comprising Informatica Cloud and Informatica PowerCenter to integrate Canon's cloud-based Salesforce CRM and on-premise Oracle ERP implementations.
- Looking ahead, Canon's hybrid IT deployment of Informatica solutions opens the door to leverage complementary Informatica integration capabilities, such as master data management, data quality and data archiving, on a single platform to meet future data management needs in the cloud and on-premise.
Canon Australia is a finalist in the Informatica Innovation Awards in the Megatrend category of Hybrid IT. Winners will be announced at Informatica World June 4 - 7 in Las Vegas.
- "Cloud integration is a dream with Informatica Cloud," said Dan Byrne, business solutions architect, Canon Australia. "Easy to implement, maintain and modify, Informatica Cloud and Informatica PowerCenter work together seamlessly to integrate data across our cloud and on-premise environments, ensuring we have timely access to the complete data necessary for driving sales success."
- "Like Canon Australia, today's innovative enterprises utilize a mix of cloud and on-premise IT systems that need to be seamlessly integrated to unlock their full potential," said Juan Carlos Soto, senior vice president and general manager, Cloud Data Integration, Informatica. "Informatica makes these hybrid IT environments work together by offering a wealth of enterprise-class, yet easy to use, cloud integration capabilities. The result is a fast path to creating a unified data environment, underpinned by a comprehensive set of powerful and flexible integration solutions."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV