NEW YORK, May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- McGraw Hill Financial's Aviation Week announced that Boeing, Dassault Aviation and Cubic Corp. were ranked as the Top-Performing Companies in its 2013 study. The annual study is a leading benchmark that ranks the operational performance of publicly traded aerospace and defense (A&D) companies worldwide. The study, sponsored by PwC, is now in its 19 th year.
This year's rankings of 58 companies were unveiled in Aviation Week & Space Technology's May 27 th issue and posted online at www.aviationweek.com/tpc. Aviation Week will host a ceremony on June 18 at the Paris air show in Le Bourget, France, to recognize this year's winners, which are:
- Boeing, which ranked first among 10 companies with revenues greater than $20 billion. It was Boeing's second consecutive win
- Dassault Aviation, which placed first among 17 companies with revenues between $5-20 billion
- Cubic Corporation, which claimed the top spot among companies with revenues between $1-5 billion
Results of this year's study were vetted by a team of nine industry experts, including Scott Thompson, a PwC partner and leader of the firm's U.S. A&D practice. " Aviation Week's Top-Performing Companies study uses rigorous propriety criteria to look under the hood at the operational performance of the A&D industry's companies," said Editor-in-Chief Joseph C. Anselmo. "The results of the year's study also reveal that rising commercial sales at Airbus and Boeing more than made up for a softening of the defense market last year."
Additionally, this year Aviation Week will recognize consistent top performers by honoring companies with the best average score during the past five years. Those honorees are:
- Lockheed Martin, for companies with revenue greater than $20 billion
- Precision Castparts, ranked highest in the $5-20 billion category
- Rockwell Collins was the leader in the $1-5 billion category
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts