2. As of noon trading, Phillips 66 ( PSX) is down $0.86 (-1.3%) to $65.98 on light volume Thus far, 1.5 million shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $65.68-$66.71 after having opened the day at $66.35 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $66.84. Phillips 66 operates as an independent downstream energy company. The company operates in three segments: Refining and Marketing (R&M), Midstream, and Chemicals. Phillips 66 has a market cap of $41.2 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 8.6, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 25.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Phillips 66 a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Phillips 66 as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Get the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts