3. As of noon trading, American International Group ( AIG) is up $0.56 (1.24) to $46.08 on average volume Thus far, 7.8 million shares of American International Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 16.2 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $45.33-$46.46 after having opened the day at $45.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.52. American International Group, Inc. engages in the provision of insurance products and services for the commercial, institutional, and individual customers in the United States and internationally. The company operates in three segments: Chartis, SunAmerica Financial Group, and Aircraft Leasing. American International Group has a market cap of $66.7 billion and is part of the insurance industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.2, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 28.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate American International Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates American International Group as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance and compelling growth in net income. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including weak operating cash flow, poor profit margins and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share. Get the full American International Group Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts