3. As of noon trading, Murphy Oil Corporation ( MUR) is up $1.17 (1.86) to $64.13 on average volume Thus far, 593,250 shares of Murphy Oil Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $62.88-$64.26 after having opened the day at $63.00 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $62.96. Murphy Oil Corporation engages in the exploration and production of oil and gas properties worldwide. It is also involved in oil and gas refining and marketing activities. The company explores for and produces crude oil, natural gas, and natural gas liquids. Murphy Oil Corporation has a market cap of $11.8 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 13.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 3.6% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Murphy Oil Corporation a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Murphy Oil Corporation as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full Murphy Oil Corporation Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts