The Law Offices Of Marc S. Henzel Announces Investigation Of Smithfield Foods, Inc. Proposed Merger With Shuanghui International Holdings Limited
MERION, Pa., May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- The Law Offices of Marc S. Henzel announces it is investigating potential claims against the board of directors of Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) concerning possible breaches of fiduciary duty and other violations of law related to the Company's proposed merger with Shuanghui International Holdings Limited.
Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) and Shuanghui International Holdings Limited announced that they have entered into a definitive merger agreement that values Smithfield at approximately US$7.1 billion, including the assumption of Smithfield's net debt. Shuanghui International is the majority shareholder of Henan Shuanghui Investment & Development Co., which is China's largest meat processing enterprise and China's largest publicly traded meat products company as measured by market capitalization.
Under the terms of the agreement, which has been unanimously approved by the boards of directors of both companies, Shuanghui will acquire all of the outstanding shares of Smithfield for US$34.00 per share in cash.
If you own shares of Smithfield Foods, Inc. (NYSE: SFD) and would like to learn more about these claims or if you wish to discuss these matters and have any questions concerning this announcement or your rights, please contact us.Contact:Law Offices of Marc S. Henzel Marc S. HenzelEmail: Mhenzel@Henzellaw.com Phone 610-660-8000Website: www.henzellaw.com LAW OFFICES OF MARC S. HENZEL431 MONTGOMERY AVE, Suite B MERION STATION, PA 19066 SOURCE Law Offices of Marc S. Henzel
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV