Rounding out the list of 19 qualifiers were Exxon Mobil (XOM), Conoco Phillips (COP), Lockheed Martin (LMT), Raytheon (RTN), Northrop Grumman (NOC), L-3 Communications (LLL), CSX (CSX) and Norfolk Southern (NSC), Travelers (TRV), Chubb (CB), McGraw Hill (MHP), Becton Dickinson (BDX) and Darden Restaurants (DRI).
Not all stock screens that I've devised and used during my career have stood the test of time; sometimes they are just lucky and the luck does not last. We'll have to see if the combination of dividend growth and stock buybacks can indeed stand the test of time.
At the time of publication, Heller had no positions in stocks mentioned.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV