NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Lindsey Bell and Stephanie Link met to discuss the recovery in the auto industry and the boost the industry is receiving from Europe.
Link has recently added Ford (F) to the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio because she believes Europe has bottomed, or is very close to bottoming.
She also thinks that Europe was, and still is, the main concern holding investors back from putting money in the auto industry. Although sales in North America have been strong, with an annual sales rate of 15 million vehicles, discomfort about the stability of Europe is a big red flag for many.
But Link has listened to what companies are saying and how the auto parts supply companies are acting."I've kept a close eye on TRW Automotive Holdings (TRW)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV