LAWRENCEVILLE, N.J., May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Celsion Corporation (NASDAQ: CLSN) announced today that Professor Riccardo Lencioni, MD, FSIR, EBIR, the Director of the Division of Diagnostic Imaging and Intervention at Pisa University School of Medicine in Italy, ECIO President and Lead European Principal Investigator for Celsion's Phase III HEAT Study will, in conjunction with two separate scientific presentations, review the clinical trial results including new emerging findings from the HEAT Study post hoc analysis at the 4 th European Conference on Interventional Oncology, which is being held June 19-22, 2013 in Budapest, Hungary. Dr. Lencioni will make two presentations on hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC) and related advances in interventional management.
- Dr. Lencioni's first presentation, titled "New Interventional Oncology Approaches in HCC; An Update on Clinical Trials" will be held Wednesday, June 19, 2013 at 2:30 p.m. (local time) in Plenary Session: Open Issues in the Management of Liver Cancer. This presentation is part of a joint symposium of the ECIO and the International Liver Cancer Association (ILCA). This special event will be chaired by Dr. Lencioni (ECIO President) and Dr. Joseph Llovet (ILCA President).
- His second presentation, titled "Thermally Sensitive Doxorubicin Carriers" will be held Thursday, June 20, 2013 at 10:30 a.m. (local time) in Plenary Session: New Horizons in Interventional Oncology.
"I am pleased to present this post-hoc analysis of a large subgroup of patients from the Phase III HEAT Study to the European and international interventional oncology community which may be indicating a meaningful clinical benefit in both progression free survival (PFS) and overall survival (OS) in patients who received an optimized RFA procedure," said Professor Lencioni. "It is important to note that the duration of heat from the RFA procedure is a key factor in a successful clinical outcome when combined with ThermoDox® as suggested by this analysis. These findings are very encouraging and consistent with our understanding of how RFA plus ThermoDox® can potentially offer an important new treatment for this underserved patient population."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts