SAN DIEGO, Calif., May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Accelrys, Inc. (NASDAQ: ACCL), a leading provider of scientific innovation lifecycle management (SILM) software, announced today Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0, an open, scientifically aware platform delivering breakthrough capabilities for managing "Big Data" and externalized research collaboration networks. With significant new technology enhancements in the areas of security, administration and scientific services, Accelrys is extending the enterprise capabilities of the Platform, providing organizations with powerful new tools for streamlining the lab-to-commercialization value chain within and outside of the firewall and driving innovation in new product development.
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please click http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/scientifically-aware-accelrys-enterprise-platform-90-breaks-new-ground-in-big-data-management-209448061.html
"Our customers across industries have more scientific data to help them innovate than ever before, yet their ability to efficiently transform that data into knowledge is limited by tools and processes that fail to take an integrated, holistic approach to new product development," said Accelrys President and Chief Executive Officer Max Carnecchia. "A year ago, Accelrys issued an industry-wide challenge to close the productivity gap hampering innovation. We remain committed to that effort and we believe that Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0 marks a significant advance in helping our customers accelerate innovation."
The open, scalable and scientifically aware architecture of Accelrys Enterprise Platform uniquely positions the Platform to help organizations manage data, processes and people in modern global enterprises. Specific capabilities in Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0 include:
- Big Data – Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0 provides the ability to access large volumes of data across an enterprise with the Accelrys Query Service, Accelrys Direct and various database and file connectors. Organizations can then take advantage of the Platform's broad scientific Collections, which are capable of handling structured and unstructured data, biological sequences, chemical structures, images and text, to perform calculations that analyze and process that data. Additionally, the Platform's reporting capabilities enable end users to interpret and interact with data to drive more informed and better decision-making. Significant enhancements around load balancing and high-performance computing speed data processing.
- Externalized Collaboration – The ability to securely and efficiently interact with external partners from research through manufacturing is essential to today's global enterprises. New capabilities in Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0 allow for flexible administration, and Internet deployments of clients outside of an organization's firewall, with enhanced security.
- Scientific Services & Chemistry Harmonization – Unlike other software platforms, Accelrys Enterprise Platform is distinguished by its scientific capabilities. These are delivered through the Accelrys Enterprise Platform Collections, including the Imaging Collection, the Next Generation Sequencing Collection, the Chemistry Collection and Reporting Collection. With the release of Accelrys Enterprise Platform 9.0, chemical structure perception is now standardized across the Platform and the Accelrys Direct cartridge for Oracle, allowing a consistent representation of all chemical types including molecules, reactions and chemically modified biologics across applications.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV