DALLAS, May 30, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) (NASDAQ: TXN) today introduced the industry's most highly integrated piezo haptic driver for high-definition (HD) consumer, automotive and industrial touchscreen applications. The DRV2667 features a digital interface, integrated 15-V to 105-V boost converter, power diode, and 40-V to 200-V peak-to-peak (Vpp) fully-differential amplifier, resulting in a complete single-chip solution size that is less than half the size of competitive solutions. The DRV2667 also features an I2C controlled digital playback engine that relieves the host processor from haptic effects generation. For more information and to order samples, visit www.ti.com/drv2667-pr.
The DRV2667 enables the highest fidelity HD haptic experience for a wide range of products, such as smartphones, tablets, white goods and automotive central information displays.
Key features and benefits of the DRV2667
- Highest integration level: The integration of digital waveform generation, high-voltage drive, and 2kB of RAM eliminates the need for external components, and allows the DRV2667 to store and instantly recall haptic waveforms. The driver delivers real-time playback of haptic effects, such as those from Immersion's TouchSense® 5000 haptic effects library.
- More realistic experience: Digital interface and a 2-ms startup enable a faster haptic effect response time, and a more realistic HD tactile experience that closely resembles the feel of specific events, surfaces or effects. Users can experience the pluck of a guitar string, the feel of turning a page, the press of a keyboard or mechanical button, and a myriad of gaming effects.
- More vibration force: High-voltage differential amplifier generates up to 200-Vpp output drive, resulting in six times more vibration force than competing solutions. This capability enables support for a wide range of piezo actuators.
- Smallest solution size: Combining the DRV2667 with an external inductor provides the industry's smallest solution size of 10 mm by 11 mm, which is half the size of competitive solutions that must be paired with an external transformer and other discrete components.
Tools and supportThe DRV2667EVM can be purchased today for a suggested retail price of US$99. This evaluation module is supplied with a user guide and includes a fully programmable MSP430G2553 Value Line microcontroller, piezo actuator, sample waveforms and capacitive touch buttons for complete standalone and in-system evaluation.Technical support is available on the Touch Forum in the TI E2E TM Community, where engineers can ask questions and get answers from TI experts. Availability and pricingThe DRV2667 is available today in a 20-pin, 4-mm by 4-mm by 0.9-mm QFN package for a suggested retail price of US$2.95 in 1,000-unit quantities. TI analog for consumer electronicsTI's broad range of power management and analog signal chain products offers design engineers the high performance, low power and integration they need to create innovative and differentiated consumer electronics. TI is engineering the future with gesture recognition, touch feedback, energy harvesting, wireless power, audio, health technology and more. Learn how TI analog products improve how we live, work and play at www.ti.com/analogconsumer-pr. Learn more about TI's haptic driver portfolio by visiting the links below:
- Request DRV2667 samples, purchase EVMs: www.ti.com/drv2667s-pr.
- Download the data sheet: www.ti.com/drv2667ds-pr.
- View a tablet system block diagram: www.ti.com/tablet2667-pr.
- Download the tablet guide: www.ti.com/tabletguide-pr.
- View a smartphone system block diagram: www.ti.com/smartphone2667-pr.
- Download the smartphone guide: www.ti.com/smartphoneguide-pr.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV