NEW YORK, May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- NeoStem, Inc. (NYSE MKT:NBS) ("NeoStem" or the "Company"), a leader in the emerging cellular therapy market, today announced that Company management will make two presentations at the 2 nd Baltic Stem Cell Meeting, running from Friday, May 31 to Sunday, June 2, 2013, and that the conference will feature a session with multiple researchers from around the world discussing advances using very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs™ Technology).
The conference focuses on innovative applications of stem cells in multiple areas, the clinical application of umbilical cord blood in regenerative medicine, news and updates on VSEL™ Technology, stem cell mobilization and homing, novel directions in hematopoietic transplants, stem cells and cancer, stem cells and aging, and more. Dr. Robin L. Smith, Chairman and CEO of NeoStem, will chair a panel and give a talk titled "From the bench to the clinic: Considerations in cell therapy development." Dr. Denis O. Rodgerson, Director of Stem Cell Science of NeoStem, will speak on "Generation of skeletal structures by human very small embryonic-like (VSEL) stem cells."
The conference will also feature some of the researchers from the United States, Europe and Asia who have expanded on the initial studies of VSEL™ Technology carried out by Dr. Mariusz Ratajczak, including:
- Dr. Diane Krause of Yale University will speak on her recent research on the differentiation of VSELs from murine bone marrow into lung epithelial cells. This research will be published in Stem Cells, May 2013 issue.
- Dr. Magdalena Kucia of the University of Louisville will speak on "Aging – when VSELs meet IGF-1."
- Dr. Yu-Zhu Tan will speak on "Repairing the infarcted myocardium by transplantation of very small embryonic-like stem cells."
- Dr. Marcin Moniuszko will speak on "Effects of vascular dysfunction on circulating endothelial progenitor cells and VSEL stem cells in type 1 diabetes."
- Dr. Deepa Bhartiya of the National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai, India will present on "VSELs in adult mammalian gonads."
- Dr. Dong-Myung Shin of the University of Louisville will present on "Molecular signature of murine and human Oct4+ very small embryonic-like stem cells (VSELs)."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV