The Home Depot Canada Foundation Launches 7 th Annual Buy A Hammer, Build Our Community Campaign
TORONTO, May 30, 2013 /CNW/ - Starting today, customers shopping at any of the 180 Home Depot® stores across the country can donate $2.00 to purchase a paper hammer and help support affordable housing initiatives in their local community.
Housing is a basic human necessity. There are many young people who do not have access to safe, stable and affordable housing, that's why The Home Depot Canada Foundation is committed to supporting the housing needs of Canada's youth. Running until July 3, 2013, all proceeds raised through the campaign will benefit local housing charities, including many that provide housing support to youth-in-need.
"The Foundation believes safe, stable, affordable housing matters," said Peg Hunter, Chair, The Home Depot Canada Foundation. "Working together and supporting affordable housing, we can help build brighter futures and stronger communities for everyone."Quick Facts
- The Buy a Hammer, Build Our Community campaign has helped more than 250 local charitable organizations, including Habitat for Humanity, Nipissing Transition House and My Friends House in Collingwood, to name a few.
- More than 1,250,000 paper hammers have been sold across Canada.
- One hundred per cent of all funds raised by the community stay in the community.
- Since 2009, The Home Depot Canada Foundation has invested more than $10-million to help improve homes and communities across Canada.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts