SALT LAKE CITY, May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq:MYGN) today announced that Jack Cuzick, Ph.D., of Queen Mary College University of London, will present data from five PROLARIS ® clinical studies in patients with prostate cancer at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago.
"Myriad is a pioneer and global-leader in molecular diagnostic testing for cancer," said Peter D. Meldrum, president and CEO of Myriad. "PROLARIS is an excellent example of the great promise of personalized medicine for creating a better healthcare system that is equipped to meet the evolving needs of both patients and physicians."
PROLARIS Is the Dominant Predictor of Prostate Cancer OutcomesProfessor Cuzick will present data from an analysis of five clinical studies of PROLARIS on Sunday, June 2 at 9:30 a.m. in E Hall D2 at McCormick Place convention center in Chicago. "Clinical data show that PROLARIS predicts prostate cancer outcome in multiple patient cohorts and in diverse clinical settings," said Professor Cuzick. "PROLARIS provides independent information beyond clinicopathologic variables and accurately differentiates aggressive prostate cancer from indolent cancer based on real oncologic outcomes." PROLARIS is the molecular prognostic test for both newly diagnosed and post-prostatectomy prostate cancer patients. PROLARIS is being integrated into clinical practice by hundreds of urologists in the United States and has been ordered more than 3,000 times in the past 12 months. Key clinical characteristics of PROLARIS include:
- The PROLARIS Score ® is the dominant variable at diagnosis in predicting risk of prostate cancer progression, as determined by the gold standard oncologic endpoints such as biochemical recurrence, metastasis and prostate cancer specific mortality;
- The PROLARIS Score provides personalized risk of cancer progression above that afforded by the Gleason score, clinical stage and PSA level; and
- PROLARIS helps clinicians identify patients who are good candidates for conservative management and patients for whom monotherapy with surgery or radiation therapy may be inadequate.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts