SALT LAKE CITY, May 30, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Myriad Genetics, Inc. (Nasdaq:MYGN) today announced that Jack Cuzick, Ph.D., of Queen Mary College University of London, will present data from five PROLARIS ® clinical studies in patients with prostate cancer at the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) annual meeting in Chicago.
"Myriad is a pioneer and global-leader in molecular diagnostic testing for cancer," said Peter D. Meldrum, president and CEO of Myriad. "PROLARIS is an excellent example of the great promise of personalized medicine for creating a better healthcare system that is equipped to meet the evolving needs of both patients and physicians."
PROLARIS Is the Dominant Predictor of Prostate Cancer OutcomesProfessor Cuzick will present data from an analysis of five clinical studies of PROLARIS on Sunday, June 2 at 9:30 a.m. in E Hall D2 at McCormick Place convention center in Chicago. "Clinical data show that PROLARIS predicts prostate cancer outcome in multiple patient cohorts and in diverse clinical settings," said Professor Cuzick. "PROLARIS provides independent information beyond clinicopathologic variables and accurately differentiates aggressive prostate cancer from indolent cancer based on real oncologic outcomes." PROLARIS is the molecular prognostic test for both newly diagnosed and post-prostatectomy prostate cancer patients. PROLARIS is being integrated into clinical practice by hundreds of urologists in the United States and has been ordered more than 3,000 times in the past 12 months. Key clinical characteristics of PROLARIS include:
- The PROLARIS Score ® is the dominant variable at diagnosis in predicting risk of prostate cancer progression, as determined by the gold standard oncologic endpoints such as biochemical recurrence, metastasis and prostate cancer specific mortality;
- The PROLARIS Score provides personalized risk of cancer progression above that afforded by the Gleason score, clinical stage and PSA level; and
- PROLARIS helps clinicians identify patients who are good candidates for conservative management and patients for whom monotherapy with surgery or radiation therapy may be inadequate.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV