By David Russell, reporter at OptionMonster
NEW YORK -- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) was strong again Wednesday, and traders continue to position for upside later in the year.
OptionMonster's tracking systems detected the purchase of almost 8,500 October 18 calls against previous open interest of just 226 contracts. The largest block fetched 45 cents.
Owning calls locks in the price where shares can be purchased in the tire maker. They could provide major leverage in a rally because of their cheap entry price. For instance, a 30% move in the stock price would translate into a profit of more than 300%.The stock rose 2.48% to $15.29 Wednesday and is up 22% in the last month. It's been ripping higher as sentiment improves toward the automobile sector. Our systems have also turned up bullish activity in Ford on several occasions, so the space is definitely drawing attention. Total option volume was almost four times greater than average in the session. Calls outnumbered puts by more than 10 to 1. Russell has no positions in GT.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV