BAODING, China, May 29, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Yingli Green Energy Holding Company Limited (NYSE: YGE) ("Yingli Green Energy" or the "Company"), the world's largest photovoltaic ("PV") manufacturer, which markets its products under the brand " Yingli Solar", today announced it has published its first Corporate Sustainability Report (the "Report").
The Report provides a comprehensive overview of the Company's efforts to integrate sustainable, socially responsible business practices into all aspects of Yingli Green Energy's operations, including the manufacturing processes, corporate culture, and community engagement programs.Mr. Liansheng Miao, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Yingli Green Energy, explained the Report's significance for the Company, "We have always believed in operating and fostering sustainable practices, and we're proud to showcase this dedication with the release of our first sustainability report today. As the data shows, our clean energy products are not only helping to reduce the world's carbon footprint, but are also manufactured in a supportive environment where people come first. We hope this report is a first step to share our dedication to sustainability with stakeholders globally, and look forward to furthering our efforts in the future." The Report outlines the Company's long-term sustainability vision and strategy, which includes the following aggressive environmental targets to be achieved by 2015:
- Reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity per MW of PV module produced by 13%
- Reduce GHG emissions intensity from upstream transportation by 10%
- Expand Yingli Green Energy's renewable energy consumption to at least 4% of total energy consumption
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts