Toyota Tacoma (TMC)
How little you'll save buying used: 16.5%
Again, used versions of this compact pickup truck sell for almost as much as new ones because of strong demand and tight supplies.
Lyman says used-car buyers snap up Tacomas partly because it's one of the only compact trucks on the market. As for supply, the model's durability -- coupled with a relatively small number of Tacomas coming off of leases right now -- means dealers have few used versions to sell.
And like other models on TrueCar's list, the Tacoma hasn't gotten a redesign in several years (eight, to be exact). So new versions have similar equipment and pricing to what used models do.TrueCar found that 2013 Tacomas sell for $28,476 on average, only 16.5% more than the $23,782 you can expect to pay for the typical 2010 or 2011 version.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV