How little you'll save buying used: 17.3%
This subcompact retains much of its value in the used-car market because Honda (HMC) has a strong reputation among consumers. "Used Fits offer good quality and the well-respected Honda brand name," Lyman says.
At the same time, new Fits carry relatively low prices because Honda hasn't redesigned the model in four years. A growing amount of competition in the micro-car segments also keeps a lid on how much Honda can charge for 2013 versions.
All told, the typical new Fit costs $17,739 vs. $14,668 for 2- and 3-year-old versions. That's just a 17.3% differential.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV