TORONTO, May 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation (TSX:AI) ("Atrium") expresses profound sadness over the passing of Dr. Murray Frum, chair of its board of directors. "He was an amazing man, and an important mentor to me over the last twelve years. He was universally respected by the board for his wisdom and experience, and he will be greatly missed by all of us," said Robert G. Goodall, president and CEO of Atrium. He continued, "We send our heartfelt condolences to his family."
The board of directors of Atrium has appointed Mr. Mark Silver to the position of chair of the board. Mr. Silver has been a director of Atrium since March, 2012. He co-founded Direct Energy Marketing and grew the company to over $1.3 billion in revenues before selling to Centrica PLC in 2000. Mr. Silver has made significant real estate investments in both development stage and income producing properties in the residential, commercial and industrial sectors over his 30 year business career.
About AtriumAs a mortgage investment corporation, Atrium is a non-bank provider of residential and commercial mortgages that lends in major urban centres in Canada where the stability and liquidity of real estate are high. Atrium's objectives are to provide its shareholders with stable and secure dividends and preserve shareholders' equity by lending within conservative risk parameters.
CONTACT: Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation Robert G. Goodall President and Chief Executive Officer Atrium Mortgage Investment Corporation Jeffrey D. Sherman Chief Financial Officer (416) 607-4200 email@example.com www.atriummic.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV