NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- There are few edibles I know with fewer nutritional merits than donuts. On the other hand, there are few that are more irresistible.
One venerated brand will be slipping into the earnings confessional after the market closes on Thursday. Krispy Kreme Doughnuts (KKD) hopes to show its shareholders and Wall Street there are no holes in its business plan.
You don't need a Great Depression to start a donut-selling business but it apparently didn't hurt KKD. It's grown to become an international retailer of premium-quality sweet treats.
Headquartered in Winston-Salem, N.C., the company has offered its addictive donuts and better-than-average coffee since 1937. In spite of some rough spots along the way the epitome of donuts and coffee can be found at over 740 locations in 22 countries around the world and inside approximately 10,000 grocery, convenience and mass merchant stores in the U.S.KKD is a proud organization that wisely chose to help all kinds of groups raise money. As the company likes to put it, "Krispy Kreme is proud of its fundraising program, which for decades has helped non-profit organizations raise millions of dollars in needed funds." It has helped KKD's image in a big way! You can find everything you need to know about the company except how good its stores smellby visiting KKD's Web site.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV