CB, MMC And ACE, Pushing Insurance Industry Downward
2. As of noon trading, Marsh & McLennan Companies ( MMC) is down $0.34 (-0.8%) to $40.16 on light volume Thus far, 867,548 shares of Marsh & McLennan Companies exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2.7 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $40.10-$40.48 after having opened the day at $40.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $40.50. Marsh & McLennan Companies, Inc., a professional services company, provides advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital. It operates in two segments, Risk and Insurance Services, and Consulting. Marsh & McLennan Companies has a market cap of $22.3 billion and is part of the financial sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 18.2, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 17.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Marsh & McLennan Companies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Marsh & McLennan Companies as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins. Get the full Marsh & McLennan Companies Ratings Report now. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts