1. As of noon trading, First Solar ( FSLR) is up $1.41 (2.76) to $52.52 on average volume Thus far, 4.0 million shares of First Solar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7.4 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $50.00-$52.98 after having opened the day at $50.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $51.11. First Solar, Inc. provides solar energy solutions. It operates in two segments, Components and Systems. The Components segment engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of solar modules that convert sunlight into electricity. First Solar has a market cap of $4.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 10.9, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 67.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates First Solar a buy, 4 analysts rate it a sell, and 13 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates First Solar as a hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's profit margins have been poor overall. Get the full First Solar Ratings Report now. 3x UPSIDE POTENTIAL: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more. If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the electronics industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Technology ( IYW) while those bearish on the electronics industry could consider ProShares Ultra Short Semiconductor ( SSG). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts