- Over half a million children expected to participate in this year's program -
TORONTO, May 29, 2013 /CNW/ - TD Bank Group and the Winnipeg Public Library welcomed over 60 grade-school students to help kick off the 2013 TD Summer Reading Club, which takes place across Canada in an effort to encourage children to build and maintain strong reading skills throughout the summer months.
"The Winnipeg Public Library is very pleased to participate in the TD Summer Reading Club. The kits we provide through the program encourage families to visit their public library and make reading an activity of choice throughout the summer," said Karin Borland, Administrative Coordinator of Youth Services.With this year's theme Go! TD is encouraging parents and children to explore new places near and far, meet new friends and try new things through the magic of books. With more than 1900 local public libraries participating in the program, over 550,000 children are expected to participate in the program. "Reading can take you to new places, introduce you to new people and expose you to new adventures," said Frank McKenna, Deputy Chair, TD Bank Group. "We are thrilled to support the TD Summer Reading Club, one of several TD children's literacy initiatives focused on engaging children and youth in the sheer joy of reading." The TD Summer Reading Club offers various activities to help children develop a passion for reading and to reduce learning loss over the summer. The program aims to connect families with books and public libraries; build children's confidence and excitement about reading; help children retain reading skills over the summer; champion Canadian writers and illustrators; provide accessible library activities and continue to inspire a sense of adventure and wonder.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV