NEW YORK, May 29, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- INTL FCStone Inc. announced today that its wholly-owned subsidiary, FCStone LLC ("FCStone" or "the Company"), has reached a settlement with the Commodity Futures Trading Commission ("CFTC") in connection with transactions by former FCStone customers that took place between January 1, 2008 and March 1, 2009 and that resulted in the losses of approximately $127 million previously reported by FCStone in 2008 and 2009. The settlement follows an investigation begun by the CFTC in November 2011 and a September 2012 Wells notice, previously disclosed in the public filings of INTL FCStone Inc.
The CFTC's findings, neither admitted nor denied by FCStone, are that the Company violated Regulation 166.3, 17 C.F.R. §166.3 in that it failed to diligently supervise its officers' and employees' activities relating to risks associated with its customers' accounts, and in particular one account controlled by two of FCStone's customers who traded in natural gas futures, swaps and option contracts.
The settlement, with appropriate waivers and consents, requires FCStone to:
- cease and desist from violating Regulation 166.3, 17 C.F.R. §166.3;
- pay $1.5 million to the CFTC; and
- appoint an independent third party reviewer to review and evaluate FCStone's existing policies and procedures relating to certain risks, to ensure that the Company has made sufficient modifications to its risk controls since 2008.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV